Metal Refining Converters
Metal refining konvertor is used for making stainless steel of various grades. Molten Steel produced from Induction Furnace or Electric Arc Furnace is poured into ladle & is subsequently poured into the converter with the help of E.O.T. Crane. Before pouring the molten metal, some important parameters like its temperature & chemical composition are analyzed. Based on this analysis, molten steel is refined by addition of required alloys & fluxes. Inert gases are also blown into the converter simultaneously.
- To make Stainless Steel grades, Alloy Steel Economically by using High Carbon Fe Alloy and Mild Steel Scrap/Sponge Iron.
- This process is Air Ã¢â¬â Oxygen Ã¢â¬â Inert gas Decarburization (AOD) process, for aking Stainless Steel out of mild steel, Mild Steel out of high Cast Iron Melt, and alloy steel economically.
- PLC based Gas Mixing Station of MRK gives flow measurements compensated for pressure and temperature variation. This avoids, Ã¢â¬Åover oxidationÃ¢â¬Â of liquid metal.
- Imported Transducer used for accurate flow and pressure measurement in Gas Mixing Station of MRK enables high turn down ratio which results in low process gas and refractory consumption and high recovery of alloying elements.
- Use of dry air (-80o C dew point) as process gas reducing the cost of production
72, Palodia, (Via Thaltej), Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 382115, India